Friday, June 18, 2010

Crafts

I have been trying to do a craft or activity with Addison every afternoon while I am home with her for the summer.  I don't know who all reads this, but for those of you have kids it might be fun to share some ideas that we all have! I know that I love looking/gathering new ideas for Addison, so I thought I would share some of the things that we are doing. Here is what we did this week:
This is a great this kit that you can get at Michaels. It gives enough to make 4 of each animal, so it is great to pull out at various times in the summer.  She LOVED these!
We made this caterpillar out of scrape book paper by linking the paper.  I wasn't sure that Addison would get the linking, but she caught on right away and did it all by herself.
The butterflies are made out of 2 coffee filters each and pipe cleaners.  Color the pipe cleaners with marker and then get an eye dropper for the kids to squeeze water on the filters.  This will make the colors run together. Let it dry and then attach the coffee filters together with the pipe cleaner to make antenaes.

The crayola fingerpainting kit is great! It does not get paint everywhere, instead it is a gel.  It is fun to watch the paint color come up on the paper and it is a great sensory activity.
Another painting activity, but with real paint.  You can buy these wooden shapes for 50-90 cents at any craft store.  We bought a butterfly and a turtle.  Daddy took the turtle to work.
We made Carlos a 2 weeks ago, but I wanted to share him.  It is just made with construction paper and a glue stick.  Addison glued all of the pieces on her own and loved getting sticking with the glue. Addison drew the face, I guess he was sad that day!
 This is not a recent picture, but it shows what Addison and I did on Thursday.  We straped our handy dandy matching aprons on and we made mini blueberry muffins.  She loves to help with baking.  I have a cookie scoop that looks like a mini ice cream scoop, so it makes it really easy for her to help scoop up the batter and put it in the pan.  She really enjoys licking the spoon at the end!

I am having so much fun with my girl and I hope to share what we do next week with you!!
Much Love,
The Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment