Monday, March 8, 2010

The Problem Solver!

On Sunday morning, Addison did her usual screaming of "Mommy" to come and get her out of her crib. When I walked in there I was shocked to see Addison standing at the far end of her crib with no clothes on except for socks and there was a strong poopie smell in her room. I asked her what she was doing and she told me, "Mommy, change you" and looked down at her poopie diaper laying in a mess on her sheet. Her blanket and comforter were in the bed, obviously wet with urine and everything else had traces of poop on it. I must share that for the past couple of weeks Addison has been really not wanting to be in her diaper and really really wanting to be in panties! She has been very eager to tell us that her diaper needs change at home and at school. I guess she had pooped earlier in the morning and was just tired of laying it and took matters into her own hands. I was trying sooo hard not to let her see me smile, because I did not want her thinking this was "okay" to do.
So after this event took place, I decided we were going to officially, unofficially start potty training. We thought we could do some potty training at home, but it was hard to officially start until Addison got into the 2 year old room at school. On Sunday Addison stayed dry from 10:00-2:00 and peed in the potty 3 times in a row! We sing a potty dance and she loves it...there are some M&Ms involved, as well! When Thomas got Addison to school this morning, she told Ms. Jessica and Ms Cynthia that we were doing this and they agreed to take Addison to the potty every once in a while. When I picked her up in the afternoon, they shared that she was going to be in the 2 year old room starting tomorrow and to bring pull-ups! Oh WOW!! This is really starting! We can't believe it. Addison and I went to target today and bought some Dora pull-ups and she is very excited about them.
Tonight she went potty 2 times in a row and stayed dry from 6:30-7:45. YAY for our girl! We hope this will be an easy road for us and for Addison.
Addison on Sunday-1st day on the job!!
New Pull-Ups

2nd day on the job

Much Love,
The Reynolds

PS. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl your a big girl now and Nana is so proud of you! Love you

    ReplyDelete